- 1 How to Build a Website from Scratch!
- 1.0.1 Build your free websites today!
- 1.0.2 Features within the website dashboard – very user-friendly.
- 1.0.3 Select a theme that matches your style of communication and your online business.
- 1.0.4 Each day that you wait is one less day you get to advance building your online business and starting to generate income.
- 1.0.5 What are some of the things I should consider when building a website?
- 1.0.6 Are you ready?
How to Build a Website from Scratch!
If you are like me, you probably have little to no experience building a website. You wonder, how can I build a website from scratch? Where do I begin and how do I develop it into a website I can be proud of? Those are all good questions!
I have never built or designed a website in any manner, shape or form but I was pleasantly surprised at how much you can do nowadays to create beautiful and user-friendly websites. If you have used any of the Microsoft office tools, such as Word, Excel or PowerPoint then you will able to add content easily on your website.
In fact, you can see this article as I was writing it in WordPress. You can see that it is a basic screen with tools, such as font size and linking tools and more.
Build your free websites today!
You can build two (2) FREE websites within Wealthy Affiliate including hosting and a great selection of themes using WordPress, which is an online open source tool to create beautiful websites and it is written in PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor). WordPress is known as one of the easiest and most powerful systems for blogging and content management today.
Nowadays you do not need to know a lot of coding and/or have design skills. Content management systems, such as WordPress, which is what I use, are providing the ability for people like you and me to build websites and manage our online content as well. In fact, approximately 50% of websites that you see on the internet are running on the WordPress platform.
Features within the website dashboard – very user-friendly.
You might wonder how to get all the other features set up within a website, such as contact forms, ads, style or themes, and how to get it to look good on tablets and cell phones. Let’s take a look at one of my websites: www.mentalgolfsolutions.com and see some cool features within the dashboard.
On the lower left corner, you see 3 icons that represent a laptop /pc screen, a tablet, and a mobile device. When you select one you are able to see how your website is displayed on these.
The tablet icon shows the website as shown below. The menu bar is not showing but you see the three white lines to the right of menu bar which would expand to show entire menu options.
The way it would display on a mobile app is as follows. Here as well you notice the menu bar with the three white lines which when clicked on would expand to show menu options.
Select a theme that matches your style of communication and your online business.
There are many themes to select from and you can test each one until you find one that fits your style. Some themes come with many features while others are very simple. I recommend starting with a simple layout and as you progress then try new ones for other websites you build.
Each day that you wait is one less day you get to advance building your online business and starting to generate income.
Build your free websites and explore the many options within the themes without spending a cent. I would highly recommend you use the free option to learn all you can. There is a wealth of information and education available to you.
More and more people are learning how to generate an income through Affiliate Marketing. You can find many success stories online and at Wealthy Affiliate, you will be able to glean information from others who have traveled that road.
What are some of the things I should consider when building a website?
When building a website you want to make sure that you build a good foundation.
- Select a name that is memorable.
- Select a domain name that is easy to type.
- Keep it simple. Let your readers find information easily.
- Add images that are relevant to your content. Visuals draw readers’ attention.
- You do not have to be a scholar or a grammar pro but make sure you use spell check.
- Write the way you speak. Make it personal and real.
- Offer solutions, ideas, inspiration, recommendations but make sure your reader benefits in some way.
- Let your passion for your topic be evident by your writing.
Are you ready?
Go ahead and click here and start your journey building your very first website!