You might ask, “What steps do I take to make this all happen?” With so much information available online about how to start an online business to make money it can get very overwhelming. I wish there was a simple 1 2 3 step formula and magically you are all set with everything done for you. However, there are proven and tested strategies that work.
That is why this website is called The Path To More Income. Although you can take one of many paths to arrive at your destination, I will share the process I took and continue to take on my journey to online success, following the steps others have taken resulting in success for them.
THINK ABOUT THE PROCESS OF BUILDING A HOUSE AND EACH STEP NEEDED TO DO SO:
- Build Your House
- Open House day!
A blueprint helps you clarify your vision and allows you to head in the right direction and ensure you arrive as planned. What is your expected outcome? In other words, what do you envision the end result will be once you have completed setting up your online business?
Ask yourself the who, what, where, when and how questions:
- How much space will you need? – plan on growth!
- What type of furniture will fill the rooms? – plan on quality of the contents
- Who will live in this house? – affiliates – customers – visitors – editors – contributors
- Where will this house be located? – high traffic – very visible
- When do you plan to have your open house? – ready to show to the world!
Having the tools to do the job is very important. Not all tools are created equal. For example, a training program might offer you valuable training but leave out important gaps in your learning that would hinder the speed with which you move forward.
- A dependable laptop or PC
- Training – this can be costly but continue to read and see how you can get FREE training.
- 24/7 Support – this is important as you will have many questions initially.
- Resources, such as, where to obtain free to use or share pictures, keyword search tools, hosting, domain names, affiliate marketing, YouTube video creation, etc.
- Networking with others doing the same as you. – you don’t have to do this alone.
One of the keys to online business success is TRAFFIC! Website traffic is what will generate the income you are looking to make. Traffic is generated many ways:
- Writing content that people want to read. – Content is king – writing information that is of value to others is vital to gain respect and traffic.
- Getting rankings with Google – based on your content
- Paid traffic
- Ad Buys
- Creating videos
- Social Media
No matter how many ways there are, the main source for your traffic is Content, Content, Content. It is the main focus for generating traffic. If some of this sounds foreign to you, don’t worry, it did to me as well. However, at Wealthy Affiliate you can learn this an much more.
The amount of knowledge I have gained and have yet to continue to gain is amazing. Sign up for a free account and get the same training I have been so fortunate to receive.
Without a solid foundation, you’ll have trouble creating anything of value. – eriaoppenemier.com
The foundation to a successful online business is your own WEBSITE. Just like a contractor makes sure that before he starts building a house he has a solid foundation on which to build it on, you need to set up a web presence with a good foundation.
You might have heard the story of the foolish man who built his home on sand vs the wise man who built his home on a rock. Enough said. Quality matters, therefore, you do not want to cut corners or build on what you “thought” was a strong foundation. Make sure your website is hosted and managed by a quality company.
Following a proven strategy will ensure that you build a solid website that will generate income for years to come. Don’t worry, I had no clue how to set up a website but within 3-4 weeks I had my first website up. You can visit it at www.mentalgolfsolutions.com. I am still working on adding more content to it but you can see how much I did in my first few weeks thanks to the Wealthy Affiliate training process.
5. BUILD YOUR HOUSE AND FURNISH IT – ADD CONTENT!
Finally you have your foundation laid out. Now, do you want a house that will be welcoming to your guests? One that results in long-term, ongoing revenue? The contents of your website is vital to your success. Not only do search engines, like Google love quality and lots of content, but so does your audience.
People love to read things that are of interest to them and that can possible offer a solution to what they got online to search for. This is where you share from your heart something you are passionate about, a skill you acquired that can help others, solutions you can offer for problems and more.
You do not have to be an English major or have a degree in literature or journalism but do use the tools to make your content the best it can be. Have others read it and give you constructive criticism.
Write content from your personal experiences and your heart. The internet is full of “information” already and writing from real life experiences along with integrity, honesty and a desire to reach your audience will result in traffic which results in buyers!
6. OPEN HOUSE DAY – YOUR WEBSITE GOES LIVE!
Finally you are ready to PUBLISH your website and “open” for business!
I used to sell real estate for Century 21 when I lived in Long Island, New York years ago. One of the exciting days for a realtor is when you get a house ready for an OPEN HOUSE to show to prospective buyers. You work for days making sure the house is staged properly so that it shows well. You might have treats, such as: subs, cookies and coffee for those “looking” around.
Surely you have heard about “staging” a home to increase the chances of selling it. Look around and check some websites on the internet. Some “look” really nice but full of ads and no useful content. Make sure your site is attractive and appealing to the eye but also filled with content of interest and that provides value to the reader.
As the prospective buyers walk through the house you have a flyer that highlights all the features and “benefits” so that they can make an informed decision.
Ultimately be genuine, warm and honest which results in relationships that you end up building with both the sellers and the buyers with the potential for ongoing business due to word of mouth advertising.
THIS IS WHERE THE FUN BEGINS – $$$$
Once your website is ready and you continue to enhance it with quality content on a regular basis you will start finding many ways to make money due to the traffic it generates.
You might ask what ways can money be made. Glad you asked!
- Selling Affiliate products (Affiliate Networks and Direct Affiliate programs)
- Selling Amazon products
- Selling Advertising (to other website owners)
- Creating and Selling Your Own Product (ie: ebooks, training courses, or a physical product)
- Selling Your Website – if the traffic is high enough, you could sell for a lot.
- Pay Per Click Ads (ie: Google Adsense, Infolinks, Media.net, and others)
- Cost Per Action Networks (ie: ShareaSale.com, Clickbooth, Adscend media and others)
Why do I recommend that your first step be to sign up for FREE to Wealthy Affiliate?
You get to “test drive” the process without having to spend a cent, as well as access to a 10-lesson course that is part of the Wealthy Affiliate Online Entrepreneur Certification. Not to mention 2 FREE websites!
This is your very first step towards your goal in becoming an online business owner equipped for success!
Are you ready to take the first step TODAY?